Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Japanese Green for the Most Irish of Holidays

It's great to pull out an unfinished project and finish it just in time for an appropriate occasion.  Such is the case with this cute green sleeveless top, which is getting its arm hole facings just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

Why has it been sitting unfinished in my studio for a couple of years? Well, it was one of those projects that was started spur-of-the-moment and on the cusp of some deadline or other.  More important or seasonally-appropriate projects came and went, and this poor darling was on hiatus until I rediscovered it a few weeks ago.

Despite its tardiness, it does have an interesting pedigree.  The fabric is an imported Japanese cotton jacquard that I bought as a remnant.  The trim and baby buttons on the front yoke were also scraps and leftovers from various other projects.  The pattern, New Look 6871, is something that I happened to have on hand and trimmed at the time.  Lucky me!

In a way I'm glad this cute little tunic blouse waited to make its debut.  I get to cross something off of my formidable to-do list and it'll be coming out on the biggest green clothing day of the year!  

1 comment: